The chateau is situated on the place of the original medieval castle, that had been built in 1240. In the second half of the 16th century the castle was rebuilt in the early baroque style. The original gothic round tower has survived. To visitors the so-called Fable Hall seems to be especially remarkable. On its panel ceiling painted scenes from Ezop fables can still be seen. Other interesting interiors.